Let’s face it – “ME” time doesn’t always exist. Your spouse needs you. Your kids (if you have them) need you. Your friends need you. Work needs you. There are so many demands on your time, you don’t always get five minutes to JUST BREATHE.
So, here are a few things to do in Jacksonville that give me a little mental reset!
1) Take a book and curl up at The Grazing Tray x Coffee Haven on Court Street. They have quiet corners, comfortable seating, and amazing food/coffee. It’s a little hideaway that I always recommend.
2) Check out the local markets! Need to run errands? Grab groceries? Take the trip out to the Market at Cedar Point, Salty Air Market, or the Onslow County Famer’s Market and check out what our local farmers and crafters are up to. Supporting local is a priority in my life and it makes me happy. If it does that for you, these are places that I would put on my “To Do In Jacksonville” list.
Onslow County Farmers' Market | Onslow County, NC (onslowcountync.gov)
3) Take a spin class or stretch it out at VELO Fitness studio. I used to have a studio space right above them, and when I tell you that I was motivated to try it out just by hearing the classes happen, I am not kidding. Endorphin rushes are highly recommended to lift your mood (plus that sense of accomplishment or knowing that you didn’t die…either way).
4) Go get your muscles massaged by the pros at Coastal Massage and Wellness! They offer a wide variety of services, but I am in love with a good 90 minute deep tissue massage. It’s my quarterly treat to myself.
5) Book a boudoir session with yours truly! There’s nothing better than having someone make you their center of attention, treating you to brunch, and hiring someone to do your hair and makeup for the day! Bonus – kickass images and a self confidence boost that will change the way you see yourself!